Shopping on Amazon is super fun and easy due to the user-friendly features of the website. But, getting started with creating an account can be a bit bothersome for people using this application for the first time. Many people ask, “Can you set up an Amazon account without a credit card?”
Yes, you can set up an Amazon account without a credit card. It is because setting up the account is totally free. However, you need to add a payment method to enjoy special features. A credit card is necessary while setting up a seller account.
Let’s get to know more about creating an Amazon account without a credit card.
Can You Set Up An Amazon Account Without A Credit Card?
Yes, setting up an Amazon account is a super-easy process and won’t require too much information from your side.
However, setting up a payment method is necessary when you are going to purchase something.
So, don’t worry about providing complete information about your bank account and other things while setting up an account. You can still create an account without them and browse all the latest products.
What Is Required To Open An Amazon Account?
Opening an Amazon account will require basic information like that of other social media accounts, which includes a username, password, and an email address.
First of all, you’ll need to add your username.
Then, Amazon will ask for your email address. You can also choose to make a new password that you’ll use to log in to your Amazon account.
In the next step, Amazon might ask you to verify your email address for security purposes.
You’ll get a one-time password (OTP) on your email address, which you’ll enter on the bar to proceed further.
Thus, that’s all you need to open an Amazon account:
- A username
- Your email address (which you can open immediately for verification)
You can now log in to your Amazon account and personalize it by adding your location, personal information, personal picture, and other relevant information Amazon will ask for.
How To Make An Amazon Account Without A Credit Card?
You can set up an Amazon account even if you don’t have a credit card. Here’s how you can do it.
- Open the Amazon homepage by searching amazon.com on your browser through the desktop.
- On the top right portion, you’ll see “Hello, Sign in” written on top of “Accounts and Lists”.
- The next page will ask for the login ID. As you’re new, click “New Customer? Start Here”. You might instead see a button saying “Create Your Amazon Account”. Both these options are the same, so click on whichever you see.
- Now, Amazon will ask you for your username, email, and password. You can choose the username and password of your account yourself.
- After verifying the email address, your account is set up.
- Now, you have to go back to Amazon’s homepage and go to “Accounts & Lists”. Click “Your Account”.
- Scroll down to see the “Ordering and Shipping Preferences” box. From the options below, choose “1-Click Settings”.
- Select “Your Amazon Address Book” and click on the grey plus sign to add the address. Now, click the “Add Address” button. This step will direct you back to the Address Page.
- Click “Set as Default”.
Now, your account is set up without using a credit card.
Can You Set Up An Amazon Account With A Gift/Prepaid Card?
Yes, you can use gift cards and prepaid cards while setting up your Amazon account. Signing in for Amazon doesn’t require it, but you’ll have to enter a payment method when purchasing items.
So, you can use a gift card or prepaid card for purchasing items on Amazon.
While they are convenient, certain limitations apply to using gift cards and prepaid cards. That is, some sellers might not accept gift cards.
Also, Amazon will not accept the CVV code, which is written on the back of the prepaid cards.
Can You Create An Amazon Seller Account Without A Credit Card?
No. It’s not possible to create an Amazon seller account without a credit card.
Amazon requires its sellers to verify their credit cards while creating an account. Amazon will also comply with the security measures and make sure your information remains completely safe.
Amazon has its costs and fees that it charges from the sellers, which mainly includes the advertising costs, shipping costs, and other charges.
Thus, Amazon will use your credit card to deduct these charges from your seller account.
Related Post: Can You Order From Amazon Without An Account?
Creating an Amazon account is simple and doesn’t take much time. Also, you can set up an account without your credit card by following our step-by-step guide.
If you don’t want to use a credit card, gift cards and prepaid cards are other options.
However, if you’re a seller, adding your credit card details is necessary while creating an Amazon account.
Martha had a chance to work for such major companies as USPS and FedEx, where she gained a lot of experience and learned quite a few nuances when it comes to handling mail and packages. Now she is a freelance writer who specializes in the logistics industry.