With Amazon being one of the biggest online retailers in the world, many different questions are coming up regarding the shopping process. When browsing through their products, you need to provide your details before checking out. This can seem long, and it’ll make you wonder if there’s a different option.
So, can you order from Amazon without an account? No, you can’t. When shopping on Amazon without an account, any products you add to the cart can’t be checked out until you sign in with your Amazon credentials.
Do I Have To Have An Account To Order From Amazon?
Yes, you need an account if you plan to shop from Amazon.
If you are not willing to provide your debit or credit card information, there is an option to use gift cards. So, if you have some, you can apply them at checkout. However, you will still need to create an Amazon account to get to this step.
What Does Guest Checkout Mean?
Guest checkout, in simple words, means that if you are making an online purchase, your store will not ask you to create an account before checking out.
You’ll simply be asked to fill out your basic details, such as your name, email, and shipping and billing address.
A guest checkout page doesn’t require account names or passwords to complete the transaction. Plus, none of your details will be stored in your database.
Can You Buy Off Amazon As A Guest?
No, you can’t make a purchase on Amazon without providing all of your information and creating an Amazon account.
Only then will you be able to check out anything you want to buy. It’s easy to create an account, and it’ll take you about 3-5 minutes to fill out your info.
Is Guest Checkout A Good Idea?
Guest checkout is a fast process that is best if you buy something off the website for the first time and you are not sure you will come back, but customer account checkout processes have some advantages over it.
With an account, all your details are already stored, and the same information is used when you buy new products.
Unlike guest checkouts, there won’t be a need to retype everything each time you’re making a purchase. It depends on the options your preferred shop provides you with.
You can opt for either of the options depending on what’s convenient for you.
Furthermore, you’ll get personalized recommendations with an Amazon account, depending on what you have bought previously. All these personalized products will appear on your homepage.
How To Set Up A Guest Account On Amazon Prime?
Guest accounts on Amazon Prime allow you to share the benefits of your Amazon Prime membership with your friends and family. Here are a few simple steps you need to follow to set up a guest account on Amazon Prime:
- Click on the drop-down menu located at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the Account and lists.
- Scroll down and locate the Amazon Household.
- You’ll be able to see the Household homepage. Here you need to click on Add an Adult if the person you’re sharing your membership with is 18+.
- Select Add a Teen for people between the ages of 13-17 and click on Add a Child for children below 12. Remember that you can add one adult, four teens, and four children.
- Enter the details (name and email address) of the person you want to add.
- You and the person you have added must agree to share wallets. Amazon will notify both users in case of any changes in the wallet.
- It’s a good idea to review the terms before inviting someone else. If you agree to them, go ahead and send the invite. The other person will have about 14 days to accept. Both of you must live in the same region or country to create a household.
- In the family library, you will have toggles available, which will allow you to control what you want to share. You can choose between apps and games, audiobooks, and e-books.
Do Amazon Accounts Cost Money?
The basic Amazon account is entirely free. It doesn’t cost anything. However, if you want to create or upgrade to Amazon Prime, you’ll have to pay a monthly or yearly fee.
Amazon Prime provides some perks to its users, such as same-day delivery, streaming movies or TV shows, and downloading songs for free.
There is an Amazon Prime Student option that gives the benefits of Amazon Prime to students at half of its price.
Related Post: Can You Set Up An Amazon Account Without A Credit Card?
To sum this up, you can’t order from Amazon without an account. Yes, it’s frustrating to sit through the entire process, but it’s easy and doesn’t take too long.
Besides, once you put in all your information, you won’t have to do it all over again when you are browsing through new products at a later date!
Martha had a chance to work for such major companies as USPS and FedEx, where she gained a lot of experience and learned quite a few nuances when it comes to handling mail and packages. Now she is a freelance writer who specializes in the logistics industry.